About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
i love long nails, nail art, my cats, chocolate, beauty products, nail polish, shoes, handbags and everything girlie. Will be doing reviews of products and lots of nail art...hope you enjoy the ride..If you would like me to review a product please feel free to contact me at tuckleym@hotmail.co.uk

Thursday 28 October 2010

La Femme eyeshadow compact

Hi my little lovelies....

Today I am going to review the La Femme 5 eyeshadow palette in different shades of pink...

La Femme eyeshadow palette in pinks
Swatches

(L-R)
Sorry no numbers or names for the shades??
1.Peachy pink
2. Mid pink (could use as a cheek highlighter)
3. Dark pink
4. very light pink (great for highlighting)
5. very light green..??? (highlighting)

I purchased this palette from e bay and it was around the £1.79 mark + P&P...so really inexpensive.  As you can see from the palette the colors are quite chalky but quite pigmented and the packaging is great as you can see your colors through the palette and the clear plastic is quite sturdy and it wont fall apart the first time you use it..
 When I did my fotd I found that even with my UDPP I had to build up the color..but only slightly. When I opened the palette the eyeshadows all had a fine layer of glitter covering them..(why do they do this???)...when I applied the shadows i did have some fall...but nothing to shout about. In future I think I would wipe the fine layer off the glitter as it has no use at all. 
The brushes (as usual) were rubbish..they shouldnt have bothered as they were those horrible scratchy foam applicators..yuk!!! straight in the bin they went.... 
This palette does have a few good highlighting colors whether its for highlighting under your brows/cupid bow or cheeks...I will actually try this out on a FOTD in the future and see how it works. Actually I could see it working really well pressed on top of a light pink lipstick which would make your lipstick stay on longer and give a real shimmer to your lips..

This is my FOTD..dont ask me why I am pulling this stupid face!!! hahahah
How I achieved this FOTD is in the previous post



So overall......

For...
I liked the compact design and the colors
Colors have a good pigment
Wicked price
Sturdy palette design
Love the clear plastic packaging


Against...
Colors are a bit chalky
Hated the glitter on top of the shadows
Can get a bit of fallout & color needs a bit of building even with an eyelid primer


So whats your verdict ladies???      Would you purchase???

xxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I like this post!and make up too!^^
    my name's martina and I come from Italy...
    visit my blog...tell me what you think and if you like it, follow me!Iwait you and your tips!kiss kiss ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi martina..i am now following your blog and will have a look at the pics...I love italy and went every year on holiday as a child..I would love to live in italy...and you italians have sooooo much style...

    kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete